Monday, March 28, 2011

Oh, the wonderful nature

Today was a gorgeous day in Dublin. It was sunny with little cloud cover and a little bit of a breeze. It was a seemingly perfect day. So I went to Phoenix Park which is a massive park just outside of Dublin city center. Phoenix Park is more than twice the size of Central Park in New York. I thought the Memorial Park was huge but Phoenix Park is actually larger. There are a couple of unique characteristics of the park; for example there are herds of deer living in the park. I saw some today relaxing in the expansive fields inside of the park. I only had a chance to explore the park for about an hour so I didn't get to see everything. I can tell you one thing, I'm definitely going back next weekend, even if the weather is not nice.

What really surprised me was the emotion I felt when I got to the park. Something wonderful took over me, it was a happy feeling, feeling of belonging. It felt good to be in nature, away from buildings, street lights, pubs, etc. There were lots of cars, probably not as much as in some other parks but there were also lots of people walking and cycling. I think more people came to the park on foot or on bicycles, at least that's what it seemed to me since I didn't see that many cars. I also loved being around people who are also enjoying the nature. It wasn't like sitting in a coffee shop or grocery store or on the street. It felt like everyone there was free but we were all part of one organism. Ah, it was so great to see people relaxing on the grass, kids running around and getting dirty, all this bustle and hustle but in a way much different than what you hear in the city. I felt so relaxed and fulfilled when I was cycling to the park. I stopped and took some photos, more for others than for myself. I want others to see what nature has to offer and what people have preserved for themselves. I want to share the emotion I had with everyone else. More importantly, I hope to inspire you who read this blog and see these photos to go out into nature and explore. Just go, get out of the house and climb a rock or hike through a forest.

Check out some of the photos I took. If anyone ever comes to Dublin, make sure you go to Phoenix Park. I am going back next week!










No comments:

Post a Comment