Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Friend on the far side of the world

It's late. It's past my bed time. Sometimes though you have to suck it up to talk to a friend, especially the one with whom you haven't talked in a while. I think it has been more than a year since I last spoke to B. Actually it's been more than a year since I WROTE to B, let alone talked to him.

Brendan, or B, lives in South Korea and has been for the last 6 years. That's a long time to be away from home, which is in Canada. Peterborough, Ontario to be exact, which I visited several times (it's a beautiful city, if you haven't been). It was great to catch up with Brendan because I rediscovered a reason why we became friends to begin with. We clicked right away, as if no time had passed since we last spoke. We also share many morals, ideals, have similar views on life. We're different in many ways but that's great because we acknowledge our differences, accept them, and we learn from those differences. At least that's what I feel.

We spoke for more than an hour. It was 8 am over there and 11 pm over here when we started. Much has changed during the time we haven't talked but yet so much is still the same. I moved countries and changed jobs, he changed jobs and moved cities. He's talking about going back to Canada, I'm talking about staying in Europe forever. Both of us want to "live the life" and both don't know a way to fit it all within the small time allotted to us in this life.

It was great to catch up and I can't wait to talk again ... within days, or months, but not years. Peace out, or as Brendan would say, Croatian chicks are hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment