Monday, March 14, 2011

Fab Five documentary and an office work amusement

I watched the ESPN documentary about the "Fab Five" tonight. The Michigan Fab Five were five freshman basketball players on University of Michigan basketball team in 1991 who ended up starting as freshmen and later as sophomores on almost all of Michigan basketball games in 1991  through 1993. They also reached two NCAA finals but failed to win either one. It was a great documentary and I encourage all basketball fans or sports fans to watch it. I liked two things in the documentary; Jalen Rose's honesty and the way these guys played basketball - like a team. They did not play like individuals like many teams these days. I'm not sure you can compare them to any other team in any other sport. There is no better documentary to watch prior to the March Madness so get in your seats, get some popcorn and watch it!

On a completely different note, I acknowledged one little peculiarity about people working in an office environment. I'm sure all of you have experienced it if you worked in an office. I see it (and do it) all the time but today, for some reason, I thought about it and wanted to mention it in my blog. When people are working in the office and they pass each other in the hallways, kitchens, doors, etc., isn't it funny how we nod and say hello to each other even though we are in the same office working together for half of the day, five days a week, months and sometimes years? I just find it hilarious and interesting that we do that. "How are you?", I say to John who acknowledges with "Ahem". Or a up and down head nod and I come back with same but smaller head nod. Ha, even better, the raised eyebrows and the come back is "Hey" or something like that. Freaking hilarious!!!

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Got to go to work tomorrow :).

No comments:

Post a Comment