Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A win!

F.C. Bosna
We won! We won! Team with a new coach, some new players, and lots of heart won another game tonight. F.C. Bosna scored 4 goals and let only 1 in. It was a great game for this team because we just got a new coach who is teaching the team how to play organized football. This is the team's first season so it is a great accomplishment to win any games at all seeing as most players never played organized football or they never played with each other.

I played last 25 minutes or so. I've got a painful heel injury on my left foot so there goes my planting and half of my speed. It's been killing me for the last three weeks but I'm playing through it. When you're passionate about a sport you have to sacrifice time and your body. Fuck it, life's too short for me to worry about some shitty heel injury keeping me from playing. I'm not some bad ass footballer but I love the sport and I've only got this one life in which to play so I'm going to play through anything save for the life-threatening injuries.

Hopefully I get better by Sunday because we have another game. This time it's a cup game so there's extra time and penalties if it's tied in regular time. It will be fun either way. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment