Monday, April 11, 2011

Another full day

hello@ready2spark.com
It's late and I'm tired so I'll keep this short. I had another full day of life activities. Did the work, cycled, ate food, watched football, sorted the laundry, cooked, ate more food, played some guitar, wrote some emails, took care of some finances, and now I'm ready for bed. Life is so complicated these days, isn't it?

I'm kind of sick of the fact that we have to do so many things every day just to live normally. If I don't do the laundry then my clothes will be stinky (not terribly important) and dirty (important for health reasons). So if I don't want to be sick, I have to do the laundry. Then I have to cook in order to eat and cooking also requires going to the grocery store to buy food. Same thing with going to and back from work, it has to be done in order to make the money to buy the food and pay for shelter.

Maybe I should move to a remote location of the world, somewhere where I can live off of the land. Only work I would have to do is to make sure I eat and am properly protected. I know for a fact that doesn't take 8 hours a day. I remember studying about a Kalahari desert tribe in Social Anthropology class in college. They only spent an average of 26 hours (or so) per week doing everything that is required to live. Rest of the time they spent doing whatever they wanted to do. But guess what? They were "happier" than people of any country of the western world. They were well fed, lived on the go, not too many diseases, not too many personal belongings. Who cares about material things - they were happy. And here we are, slaving away by working 40+ hours a week counting work, cooking, cleaning, driving, whatever. This tribe did all of this within 26 hours per week.

I'm depressed now. Ok, not really, just tired. Aaahhhh ....

No comments:

Post a Comment