Sunday, April 3, 2011

Murder by Death, a band I just discovered

Murder by Death
Oh, sweet Jesus! I discovered a great band by accident. Meaning, I wasn't looking for music or listening to radio but reading a posting on a web site about an abandoned coal mine building that could be used against a possible zombie attack. Weird, I know but anyway, the guy who posted the original post and the photo left a link to a song by the band "Murder by Death" for some reason. Maybe it had something to do with zombies. Maybe it was the name.

I clicked the link and was blown away, albeit slowly. You know how that goes, you first hear one song and you're impressed, then you listen to another one, and another one and every song you hear gets you more excited than the previous one. Man, I haven't been this excited about a band since I heard Clutch for the first time.

Thing is, discovering new music is bitter sweet for me. On one hand, I am so happy and exhilarated that I found a great band, that I heard new music that fulfills me, invokes some emotion in me, takes me to another level, basically gets me high with the opiate combination of vocals, guitars, drums, other instruments. Ah, I love that feeling, makes me feel alive! It's hard to describe for people who don't care much about music or don't experience it the way I do (someone remind me, I want to write a post about how I experience music). ... On the other hand, I am sad that I haven't heard the band earlier, when it was first formed. It makes me think about all the time I could have spent listening to this new music and all those feelings I've seemingly thrown away.

It's such a shame that I haven't heard this band earlier. There are no genres that can describe this band and there shouldn't be. Take them for what they are. Listen.

Murder by Death - Steal Away
Murder by Death - Brother
Murder by Death - A Second Opinion
Murder by Death - Dynamite Mine
Murder by Death - Fuego

No comments:

Post a Comment