Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The One Percent


Tonight I watched a great documentary called "The One Percent". You can watch the entire documentary on YouTube for free by clicking the link above. I did not hear about the documentary until my friend posted a link to the documentary on my Facebook wall. The documentary was created by the heir to the Johnson & Johnson fortune, Jamie Johnson.

The documentary was created in 2006, more than a year before the beginning of the financial crisis, and more than 5 years before the start of the Arab Spring and Occupy protests. It hits on many interesting points with respect to the growing income and wealth inequality of the rich vs the poor in America (and rest of the world). I am surprised that the movie was created BEFORE the current protests, which means that people such as Jamie Johnson, Ralph Nader, Bill Gates Sr., etc. have seen the problems of the growing gap between the rich and the poor way before the financial crisis. Does this mean if it wasn't for the biggest recession since the Great Depression people would not notice how much they are being FUCKED by the corrupt politicians and the greedy rich bastards? That's sad, I must admit.

But it is probably not the people's fault. During the movie somebody (can't remember who now) mentions that the Congress does what the people want - except that the people are given false, misleading information that benefits the rich (not to mention the propaganda by the political parties) and therefore making it seem as if the people are the ones who Congress listens to.

I did say that I will not write any more posts about American politics, and I am not. This is not about politics. This is about the need for the majority of the people of the world to rise up against this inequality and do something about it. Anyway, this wasn't one of my best posts but I hope you watch the movie and learn something from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment